Katie leads the delivery of investment, planning, fiduciary, administrative, and family office services to a select group of clients.
She previously worked as an executive coach after a decade of practicing corporate law at international law firms—Akin, Gump, Straus, Hauer & Feld LLP, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP—as well as serving as in-house counsel. Skilled in transactional law and experienced with advising key business leaders, clients appreciate Katie’s expertise with closely held businesses and strategic planning for liquidity, tax, and generational transfer. She uses her coaching background to train new employees in the Sentinel Trust service model.
Katie is active in her community networks locally, has spoken regularly, and volunteers as an EMERGE Fellowship Mentor and with refugees.
- Founder, Career Infusion Coaching LLC, Houston, TX (2011–2014) – Ran an executive coaching and professional development firm focused on developing high-level analytical talent. Conducted workshops and facilitated meetings on group strategy and talent management for growing businesses and departments. Frequent speaker on negotiating and career strategies.
- Assistant General Counsel/Senior Counsel, AEI Services LLC, Houston, TX (2008–2011) – Responsibilities included legal coordination of corporate, subsidiary, and project financing transactions for international power company in emerging markets across the globe. Worked directly with executive teams around the world on critical projects for their businesses. Developed covenant compliance processes, trained employees on financings, and was key member of risk and investment committee.
- Counsel, Akin, Gump, Straus, Hauer & Feld LLP, Houston, TX (2006–2008)
- Associate, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, New York, NY (2001–2004; 2005–2006)
- Associate, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, New York, NY (2004–2005)
- Licensed as a Non-Practicing Attorney in New York
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum, Member
- Texas Wall Street Women, Member
- ICF Houston, Former Board Member & Marketing Chair
- EMERGE Fellowship, Member
- Refugee Services of Texas, Volunteer