At Sentinel Trust, Ricky supports the delivery of investment, planning, fiduciary, administrative, and family office needs. As a Certified Public Accountant professional with eleven years of experience in tax preparation, his attention to detail and analytical skills elevate all work that passes through his hands.
Ricky is a creative problem-solver and team player with strong leadership, organization, communication and management skills to deliver quality challenging projects on time and on budget.
In his spare time, Ricky volunteers at Pour Into Houston, non-profit startup that assists in providing mental health services for the homeless.
- Managing Member, Chiara, LaFont & Peden, PLLC, Houston, TX (2014-2018) – Managed daily operations of tax accounting firm focused on high net worth clients and worked directly with their financial planners and legal counsel to plan and execute wealth preservation and transfer strategies. Developed clients’ multi-year retirement planning strategies to minimize income taxes.
- Tax Manager, Matthew A. Chiara, CPA, Houston, TX, (2007-2013) – In addition to his responsibilities as Staff Accountant, Ricky implemented new strategic processes in workflow to enhance firm profitability. While becoming the lead contact for the firm’s new clients, he assisted with business development strategies for the firm.
- Staff Accountant, Matthew A. Chiara, CPA, Houston, TX, (2007-2013) – Prepared estates, trusts, gift, individual and business tax returns in addition to tax and wealth transfer planning.
- Pug Hearts of Houston, Volunteer
- Pour Into Houston, Volunteer
- Texas Society of CPAs, Member