Sheila supports the delivery of investment, planning, fiduciary, administrative, and family office needs to a select group of clients. She is a member of Sentinel Trust’s health insurance task force, helping clients gather the information they need to select the best health insurance policy for their needs. She also coordinates marketing and communications efforts for Sentinel Trust by designing graphics, maintaining our website, overseeing production of corporate communication materials, aggregating and analyzing data on business development activities, and managing our engagement with the press.
She joined Sentinel Trust in 2015 as a member of the Client Service group following practice as a corporate lawyer at two multinational firms―Latham & Watkins, LLP, and Vincent & Elkins, LLP. Her background in law, financial planning, and design combine to demystify complex planning structures for Sentinel Trust’s clients. Said another way, Sheila can take complex legal and tax structures and present them in a way that’s visually appealing and easy to understand. It’s quite a left brain-right brain gift.
Sheila is active in her community, volunteering for Dress for Success and Big Brothers Big Sisters in Houston.
- Client Relationship Officer, Sentinel Trust Company, LBA, Houston, TX (2015–2018) – Responsibilities included delivering investment, planning, fiduciary, administrative, and family office services to a select group of Sentinel clients.
- Corporate Associate, Latham & Watkins LLP, Houston, TX (2014–2015) – Assisted with the representation of companies and institutional investors in mergers and acquisitions, primary and secondary offerings, tender offers and consent solicitations, SEC reporting, and other corporate governance matters. Provided legal advice and counsel on non-profit formations, legislative drafting, and immigration pro bono matters.
- Capital Markets/Mergers & Acquisitions Associate, Vinson & Elkins LLP, Houston, TX (2013–2014) – Assisted with the representation of companies and institutional investors in mergers and acquisitions, primary and secondary offerings, tender offers and consent solicitations, SEC reporting, and other corporate governance matters.
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- American Bar Association Business Law Section, Member
- Dress for Success Houston, Volunteer and Women of Wardrobe Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Houston, Mentor and Young Professionals Group Member
- Texas Law 2012 Class Committee, Member
- Houston Center for Photography, Member
- Washington University Club of Houston, Member and Volunteer Admissions Interviewer
- Texas Exes, Life Member
- The Friar Society, Alumni Member
- Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity, Alumni Member
- Ms. JD, Former Chief Financial Officer and Board Member