At Sentinel Trust, Yasmin advises on sophisticated tax planning strategies including wealth transfer, philanthropic matters, and business succession planning on behalf of Sentinel Trust clients.
Yasmin joined Sentinel Trust after over a decade of experience in advising on tax matters in a wide range of contexts from advising trustees and entities of ultra-high net worth families to preparing federal and state income tax returns for complex partnerships, corporations, and individuals.
Yasmin is active with her graduate school alumni networks serving the community and participates in trust and estate study groups locally.
- Vice President, Client Relationship Officer, Atlantic Principal Advisors, LLC, Houston, TX (September 2017 – May 2020) – Responsibilities included advising the trustee of foreign trust and entities of ultra-high net worth families; delivering investment, fiduciary, administrative, and family office services to ultra-high net worth families related to their foreign trusts and entities; and maintaining day-to-day communication with the legal and accounting teams of the family offices to better understand their goals and expectations related to the foreign trusts and to better guide and assist the trustee in meeting those expectations.
- Tax Supervisor, Linn Thurber, LLP, Houston, TX (January 2014-August 2017) Responsibilities included preparing complex federal and state tax returns with focuses on partnerships, corporations, and individual returns; analyzing and implementing complex income allocations for large partnerships; and supervising and reviewing work product for a team of staff and senior accountants.
- Senior Tax Accountant, Intertek, Houston, TX (May 2012 – December 2013) Responsibilities included overseeing tax compliance for large acquisitions as the sole tax group member in the Houston office; preparing and reviewing consolidated federal, multi-state, and franchise tax returns; and visiting domestic subsidiaries to supervise their tax compliance including testing, analyzing, and documenting their internal tax controls.
- Senior Tax Accountant, Legend Natural Gas, LLC, Houston, TX (July 2011 – April 2012) Responsibilities included working directly with the controller as the sole tax accountant in the company; developing and preparing underlying schedules for federal and state tax compliance requirements; and researching federal and state tax issues for multiple operating entities.
- Business Tax Services Senior, Ernst & Young LLP, Houston, TX (October 2008 – June 2011) Responsibilities included preparing federal and state tax returns, analyzing supporting data, and managing daily communication with a major firm client as the only outsourcing senior; planning, supervising, and reviewing work product of staff accountants for compliance requirements for a Fortune 100 company; and researching and analyzing issues for technical memoranda related to intricate domestic tax issues arising from complex business transactions.
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Former Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Former Member