Protecting Your Privacy
Information That We Collect. “Nonpublic personal information” is information obtained by us in connection with providing financial services to you. Examples might include the following:
- Information we receive from you to open an account or provide trust or financial services such as address, social security number, assets and income.
- Information Sentinel Trust generates to service your account such as investment commitments, capital calls, distributions and quarterly performance reports; and
- Information we may receive from third parties with respect to client accounts such as trade confirmations from brokerage firms and call and distribution notices from private equity partnerships.
Information That We Disclose. We use or share nonpublic personal information in a limited and carefully controlled manner. Sentinel Trust generally does not disclose nonpublic information about its customers or former customers to anyone, except as required by or permitted by law, unless authorized by you. We may disclose the nonpublic personal information we collect, as described above, to persons or companies that perform services on your behalf, at our instruction, or on behalf of Sentinel Trust, and to other financial institutions with which we have a custodial or co-fiduciary relationship. Instances in which we may be required to share your information include:
- Disclosure to companies that provide services necessary to implement a transaction that you request or to service your account such as brokers, accountants, attorneys, or investment fund administrators.
- Disclosure to government agencies, courts, parties to lawsuits, or regulators in response to subpoena. In such cases, we will share only the information we are required or authorized to share.
How to File a Complaint. Sentinel Trust is chartered under the laws of the State of Texas and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against Sentinel Trust should contact the Texas Department of Banking through one of the means indicated below:
In Person or US Mail:
Texas Department of Banking
Consumer Assistance Activities
2601 North Lamar Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78705-4294
Telephone No.: 1.877.276.5554 (toll free)