Protecting Your Privacy
SENTINEL TRUST COMPANY, LBA CLIENT PRIVACY NOTICE
Information That We Collect. “Nonpublic personal information” is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial service to you. As part of providing you with our services, we obtain nonpublic personal information about you which may include the following:
- Information we receive from you to open an account or provide trust or financial services such as address, social security number, assets and income.
- Information Sentinel generates to service your account such as investment commitments, capital calls, distributions and quarterly performance reports; and
- Information that we may receive from third parties with respect to client accounts such as trade confirmations from brokerage firms and call and distribution notices from private equity partnerships.
Information That We Disclose. We use or share nonpublic personal information in a limited and carefully controlled manner. Sentinel generally does not disclose any nonpublic information about its customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law, unless authorized by you. We may disclose the nonpublic personal information we collect, as described above, to persons or companies that perform services on your behalf, at our instruction, or on behalf of Sentinel Trust, and to other financial institutions with which we have a custodial or co-fiduciary relationship. Instances in which we may be required to share your information include:
- Disclosure to companies that provide services necessary to effect a transaction that you request or to service your account such as brokers, accountants, attorneys, or investment fund administrators.
- Disclosure to government agencies, courts, parties to lawsuits, or regulators in response to subpoenas. In such cases, we will share only the information we are required or authorized to share.