Full-time | Houston, Texas
At Sentinel Trust, we pride ourselves in providing our families with an exemplary level of personalized service. As an Executive Assistant, you will be a member of the Client Service team and work closely with an assigned executive officer to:
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks for the executive officer, including:
- Coordinating the executive officer’s calendar and prioritize functions and appointments to ensure that meetings, deadlines, presentations, and other duties of the executive officer are carried out seamlessly.
- Arranging travel schedules, itineraries and agendas, and reservations.
- Completing expense reports in a timely manner.
- Responding to incoming calls and visitors in a professional manner, as well as determine which are priority matters, and alerting the executive officer accordingly.
- Reviewing incoming correspondence and report and using your judgment and discretion to assess the importance of the materials.
- Planning and coordinates corporate events.
- Maintaining the accuracy of external contacts.
- Proofreading written work and corporate materials.
- Update the executive officer on status of issues and ensures he/she has applicable information before scheduled meetings.
- Set appropriate boundaries to help the executive focus on priorities and use time effectively.
- Develop a knowledge base of, and discern connectivity among, various centers of influence, which will include military, political, and religious leaders.
- Address challenging situations and resolve complex issues calmly and effectively.
- Maintain a sensitivity towards our firm’s need for confidentiality.
You will also assist with front desk and/or switchboard coverage on an as-needed basis.
Skills that would be an asset to this position include:
- Well-developed critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Polished written and oral communication skills.
- Effective project management skills and ability to proactively manage the time and attention of a busy executive.
- People management and influencing experience.
- An aptitude for building and nurturing professional relationships.
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of accountability.
Desired qualifications to apply for this position:
- Familiarity with military culture strongly preferred (veteran or military family).
- Relevant civilian work experience supporting executives is required.
- Business-level proficiency with Microsoft Office products, include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- An unquestioned ability to retain confidential business information.
- Acceptable results on background tests.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.