Full-time | Houston, Texas
In this role, you will be a member of the Operations team and will perform accounting functions for client assets held in investment partnerships and for various Sentinel Trust investment funds, such as hedge and private equity fund of funds, as well as foreign and domestic equity funds.
- General ledger accounting functions, ensuring compliance with all accounting procedures
- Preparation of financial statements, footnotes and supporting schedules for entities under audit or review
- System set up of fixed assets
- Compilation of K-1 and other tax information
- Build and maintain close relationships with others, including external accountants and auditors.
- Maintain a sensitivity towards our clients’ need for confidentiality.
Skills that would be an asset to this position include:
- Well-developed understanding of investment fund accounting.
- An affinity for details.
- An ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to prioritize tasks to deliver desired outcomes with allotted time frames.
- Polished written and oral communication skills.
- An aptitude for working collaboratively and efficiently with a wide range of external stakeholders, professional service providers, and vendors.
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of accountability.
Desired qualifications to apply for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA required.
- Five or more years’ related experience.
At Sentinel Trust, it is our honor to serve a diverse group of affluent families, helping them enhance their legacies through their unique personal, business, and philanthropic goals.
We help families of wealth succeed and simplify: Our deeply personal level of service is based on knowing our clients’ hopes, expectations, challenges, and goals. With our personal touch, we become a true extension of the family, delivering the exceptional level of service that our clients expect and deserve.
We focus only on very high net-worth families: These families have distinctive needs and complex challenges that cannot be served as well by firms that lack our singular dedication.
We listen first: We know that every family is unique. Each of our Senior Officers serves only a small number of clients to ensure each family gets ample personal attention.
We don’t sell products or provide one-size-fits-all solutions: There is no fixed menu of investment and lifestyle services. Instead, our team of dedicated professionals leverage years of experience and multi-disciplinary expertise to build your family customized solutions. Our philosophy is to provide individualized investment management and financial guidance to all generations—whenever and however they are needed.
Above all, we are a family. Our hallmark is not only to serve our clients with excellence, but to provide for each other and our greater community.
Please send your resume to HumanResources@sentineltrust.com to apply.