Bart is of Counsel to Sentinel Trust and acts as a strategic advisor in the areas of financial systems and controls.
He served as Sentinel Trust’s Chief Financial Officer from 1999 to 2017, developing and leading our systems for risk management, asset administration, and transaction management. He began his career as an auditor for Arthur Andersen for 11 years before becoming CFO for a business owned by one of Sentinel Trust’s founding families.
An avid cyclist, Bart served for many years as a Team Leader for the MS 150 Bike Ride.
- Senior Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer, Sentinel Trust Company, LBA, Houston, TX (1999–2017) –Led group responsible for all internal financial systems and controls for Sentinel, its affiliated pooled investment vehicles, and its clients’ entities. Responsible for all asset administrative functions and risk management.
- Chief Financial Officer, Coastal Industries, Inc., Jacksonville, FL (1998–1999) – Responsibilities included oversight of accounting, finance, human resources, and systems.
- Independent Consultant (1997–1998) – Performed purchase due diligence and purchase accounting. Addressed integration issues for a large home building products manufacturer and an auto parts manufacturer.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, DIFCO, Inc., Findlay, OH (1995–1997) – Responsibilities included oversight of accounting, finance, human resources, systems, and manufacturing.
- Audit Manager, Arthur Andersen, LLP, Toledo, OH (1984–1995) – Responsibilities included client service and audits of entities ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies in various industries. Performed due diligence on numerous mergers and acquisitions.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Houston Chapter Certified Public Accountants, Member
- CFA Society of Houston, Member
- American Liver Association, Former Chapter Treasurer and Board Member
- North Toledo Housing Rehab Program, Former Board Member
- MS 150 Bike Ride, Team Leader