OverviewIN THE COMMUNITY
David is Vice Chairman of the Sentinel Trust’s Board of Directors and oversees the planning and implementation of administrative, fiduciary, and investment services for one of its founding families.
He is an active private investor and has served on the boards of several private companies, in addition to the boards of several family investment vehicles.
Prior to cofounding Sentinel Trust, David was in various technical positions at Exxon and Schlumberger. He has a long association with the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- Officer and Director, HCF Texas Enterprises and HCF Realty, Inc., Houston, TX (1996–present)
Advises privately held family businesses responsible for family office operations and investment management in public and private securities, real estate, and oil and gas
- Senior Geoscientist, Schlumberger-GeoQuest Systems, Houston, TX (1991–1996)
- Geoscientist, Exxon Co. USA, Houston, TX (1988–1991)
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum, Member
- Geological Society of America, Member
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Member
- Sigma Xi – The Scientific Research Society, Member
- Nanospectra Biosciences, Inc. (2010–2017) – Privately held, venture-backed biotechnology company.
- AdPay, Inc. (2004–2016) – Privately held, venture-backed software company acquired by Ancestry.com in 2016.
- COLED Technologies, Inc. (2005–2008) – Privately held, venture-backed display technology company.
- bConnected Software (2000–2007) – Privately held software company acquired by Connextions, Inc. in 2007.
- Simplicita Software (2006–2007) – Privately held, venture-backed software company acquired by Sandvine Corporation in 2007.
- Quickshift, Inc. (2004–2005) – Privately held, venture-backed software company.
- Accupost Corporation (2002–2004) – Privately held, venture-backed software company acquired by Trans Union in 2004.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science, Active Supporter and Former Committee Member