At Sentinel Trust, Folu leads the client-entity accounting and audit teams within the firm’s Operations Department.
Ms. Folowosele joined Sentinel Trust in 2021 after decades of experience in the investment fund accounting and financial management industries at several national firms across the country and abroad. Folu began her career as a Certified Public Accountant on the East Coast where she led audit teams with engagements with multi-million-dollar asset bases. Prior to joining Sentinel Trust, Folu served as an Assistant Vice President at a large international bank and trust company focused on private equity and real estate fund service clients.
Folu is active with her undergraduate and graduate school alumni networks serving the community.
- Assistant Vice President, Private Equity & Real Estate Fund Services, State Street, Houston, TX, Clifton, NJ, and London, United Kingdom (2014 – 2021) – Responsibilities included managing teams responsible for strategic private equity and real estate clients with billions in assets under management, managing the working relationships with all client contacts including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers, and bankers; and leading and overseeing internal and operational controls as well as developing and ensuring sound integrated financial practices and processes.
- Audit Manager, Financial Services (2011-2013), Audit Senior, Financial Services (2008-2011), EisnerAmper, LLP, New York, NY – Responsibilities included managing and directing all phases of engagements including planning, fieldwork, and work paper review for multiple asset management clients; executing audit strategy for financial services clients with over $1 billion in assets under management; and reviewing financial statements and disclosures, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of accounting entries according to GAAP, and identifying, researching, and resolving technical issues.
- Audit Senior, Deloitte & Touche, Boston, MA (2004-2007) – Responsibilities included leading teams performing daily management of audit engagements with multi-million-dollar asset bases; completing financial analysis and conducting quarterly review and year-end audit procedures for both SEC and non-SEC registrants; and managing and training staff, including completing staff performance reviews.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- National Association of Black Accountants, Member
Sentinel Trust Company today announced the appointment of Devangi D. Thakkar, CFA as Vice President, Investment Performance and Reporting Manager, and Foluyinka B. Folowosele, MSA, MBA as Vice President, Accounting Manager to support the company’s overall growth.