Sophia manages the Sentinel Trust hedge fund investment strategies including research and analysis at the security, manager, and portfolio levels. In addition to sourcing, evaluating, and monitoring hedge fund strategies, Sophia develops and presents in-depth market research and recommendations to the Sentinel Trust Investment Committee.
Sophia joined Sentinel Trust in 2020 with nearly two decades of experience in asset management including building portfolios of third-party managers at large financial institutions. Prior to joining Sentinel Trust, Sophia served as the Investment Manager, Hedge Funds and later served as the Director of Investments, Real Assets for an outsourced CIO managing over $3 billion for endowments and foundations. A Chartered Financial Analyst and CPA with a background in public accounting, Sophia brings extensive investment knowledge including experience in formulating processes, developing due diligence frameworks, and evaluating and executing fund investments for multi-billion-dollar portfolios.
Sophia is active in her college alumni networks serving the community. She enjoys spending time with her family and is an avid runner.
- Director of Investments, Real Assets, TIAA Endowments (f.k.a Covariance Capital), Houston, TX (2011-2020) – Responsibilities included serving as a voting member of the Investment Committee for all asset classes and portfolio allocations representing over $3 billion in capital; leading sourcing and monitoring of hedge funds and real assets strategies (directional and absolute return as well as private and public funds); developing a detailed framework to analyze the opportunity set for ESG investing across asset classes; and serving as a member of multiple limited partner advisory committees.
- Senior Research Analyst, Man Investments (f.k.a. Glenwood Capital Investments), Chicago, IL (1999-2010) – Responsibilities included evaluating hedge fund managers across strategies for a $25 billion fund including equity long/short, credit long/short, distressed, arbitrage, commodities, and global macro; managing two funds of hedge fund portfolios including a global macro and emerging markets fund; and recommending hiring, firing, and allocating capital across approved hedge funds.
- Senior Auditor, Deloitte, Chicago, IL (1996-1999) – Responsibilities included leading multiple client engagements including audit of a $60 billion investment portfolio for a large publicly-traded U.S. insurance company; advising clients on accounting standards and evaluating client operational and financial processes; and preparing financial statements to meet regulatory standards.
- CFA Society of Houston, member
- National Charity League, member
- Parent volunteer, Houston area public and private schools
- Annunciation Orthodox Cathedral, member