Julie applies a broad understanding of the law to provide strategic legal and business advice to Sentinel Trust in order to ensure compliance and limit risk exposure. She advises Sentinel Trust on a variety of corporate legal issues, develops solutions to complex legal questions, and prepares and negotiates all contractual agreements. In addition to this core responsibility, Julie oversees all human resources-related activities for Sentinel Trust and our client families. This includes all aspects of talent management, benefits and compensation programming, training and development, and employee relations. Julie also serves as Corporate Secretary.
Julie’s career began as an attorney practicing primarily in the area of employment and labor law. Since then, she has held senior roles in human resources and has experience providing legal counsel in a business environment. Through her experiences, she has developed an understanding of a variety of areas of corporate law and procedures. She has demonstrated expertise in strategic planning, creating proactive strategies, and process implementation.
- Benefits & Compensation Manager, Senior Human Resources Generalist, Federated Mutual Insurance Company, Owatonna, MN (2006–2014) – Responsibilities included designing, planning, and implementing corporate compensation and benefit programs and supervising their administration. Worked closely with management business partners and employees to carry out HR-related duties. Assisted in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommended new approaches to effect continual improvements in efficiency and quality of services performed.
- Human Resources Manager, TMC Transportation, Des Moines, IA (1999–2006) – Responsibilities included developing policy and directing the human resources activities in areas such as recruiting and selection, compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training. Participated as an active member of the organization’s Executive Steering Committee.
- Attorney, Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen, PC, Des Moines, IA (1997–1999) – Responsibilities included providing sound and timely advice for a variety of legal and compliance matters including in the areas of employment, labor and benefits for business clients. Worked closely with Human Resources and company management as a resource in day to day responsibilities to ensure compliance of employment-related practices.
- The Iowa Bar Association
- Society for Human Resources Management, Member
- HR Houston, Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota, Former Board Member
- St. Mary’s School, Knight of Night’s Auction, Former Committee Member
- Kingwood High School Mighty Mustang Military Marching Band (KM4B) Boosters, Member
HOUSTON, Dec. 19, 2019 – Sentinel Trust Company, LBA, one of the nation’s leading boutique wealth management firms and multi-family offices, is pleased to announce several officer promotions effective January 1, 2020: Julie A. McCaughey, JD, is promoted to Managing Director, General Counsel and Director of Human Resources, Shareholder. Anne-Lise A. Wiegand, CPA, is promoted…