Julie manages all human resources-related functions for Sentinel Trust and our client families. This includes talent management, benefits and compensation programming, risk management and compliance, and facilities maintenance. In addition to these core activities, Julie also serves as Sentinel Trust’s Corporate Secretary and In-House Counsel.
Julie’s career began as an attorney practicing primarily in the area of employment and labor law. Since then, she has held senior roles in human resources and developed expertise in performance management, strategic planning, and process implementation.
Julie is active with her college alumni and community networks locally.
- Benefits & Compensation Manager, Senior Human Resources Generalist, Federated Mutual Insurance Company, Owatonna, MN (2006–2014) – Responsibilities included designing, planning, and implementing corporate compensation and benefit programs and supervising their administration. Worked closely with management business partners and employees to carry out HR-related duties. Assisted in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommended new approaches to effect continual improvements in efficiency and quality of services performed.
- Human Resources Manager, TMC Transportation, Des Moines, IA (1999–2006) – Responsibilities included developing policy and directing the human resources activities in areas such as recruiting and selection, compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training. Participated as an active member of the organization’s Executive Steering Committee.
- Attorney, Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen, PC, Des Moines, IA (1997–1999) – Responsibilities included providing sound and timely advice for a variety of legal and compliance matters including in the areas of employment, labor and benefits for business clients. Worked closely with Human Resources and company management as a resource in day to day responsibilities to ensure compliance of employment-related practices.
- The Iowa Bar Association
- Society for Human Resources Management, Member
- HR Houston, Member
- Texans Soccer Club, Former Team Treasurer
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Minnesota, Former Board Member
- St. Mary’s School, Knight of Night’s Auction, Former Committee Member