At Sentinel Trust, Hilary advises on sophisticated estate and wealth planning strategies including wealth transfer, tax planning, philanthropic matters, and business succession planning on behalf of Sentinel Trust clients.
Hilary joined Sentinel Trust after many years practicing trust and estate law as an associate attorney and then partner with an estate planning law firm in Houston focusing on estate planning, administration, and guardianship. In 2020, Hilary achieved Board Certification in Estate Planning and Probate Law from the State Bar of Texas.
Hilary is active with her college and law school alumni networks serving the community and participates in trust and estate study groups locally.
- Partner, Hayes & Wilson, PLLC, Houston, TX (2020) – In addition to her responsibilities as an associate attorney, partnership responsibilities included handling firmwide business and administrative matters.
- Associate Attorney, Hayes & Wilson, PLLC, Houston, TX (2013-2016, 2017-2019) – Responsibilities included complete estate planning for clients, drafting wills and trust agreements, overseeing estate administration matters, preparing estate and gift tax returns, and advising clients on trust administration.
- Associate Attorney, The Shanks Law Firm, Houston, TX (2016) – Responsibilities included implementing estate plans and drafting wills and trust agreements, overseeing estate administration matters, and advising clients on trust administration.
- “Kiyutin v. Russia: The European Court of Human Rights Acknowledges the Need for Protection of a Class of Individuals with HIV/AIDS”, Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law, Volume 20, Issue 2 (2012).
- “The Realities of the Anti-Competitive Trade Agreement”, Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law, Volume 21, Issue 1 (2012).
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate, Member
- Texas Bar College, Member
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association, Board Member (2016 – Present)
- Texas Exes, Life Member