Helen manages hedge fund exposure for Sentinel Trust’s clients. She sources, evaluates, and monitors a wide range of hedge fund strategies, including long/short equity, activist, global macro, relative value, and distressed/event driven.
She began her career with Nestle China. Prior to joining Sentinel Trust, she was a consultant with a global consulting firm working on issues involving forensic accounting, business valuation, damage analysis, and intellectual property infringement for both large corporations and capital management firms.
Helen is a thought leader in the area of hedge fund management and research, frequenting national and international conferences.
- Senior Consultant, FTI Consulting, Inc., Houston, TX (2005–2011) – Conducted complex financial analyses in the areas of forensic accounting, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), valuation, damage analysis, and intellectual property infringement litigation.
- Investment Analyst, MLK Capital Management, Houston, TX (2003–2004) – Constructed quantitative models for back-testing various trading signals.
- Development Analyst, Tricon China Ltd. (now Yum! Brands China), Shanghai, China (1999–2001) – Performed analyses for the company’s capital investments in China.
- Marketing Specialist, Nestle China Co., Ltd., Shanghai, China (1997–1999) – Planned and executed marketing activities in China for Nestle products.
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association, Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- CFA Society of Houston, Member
HOUSTON, Dec 20, 2018 — Sentinel Trust Company, LBA, one of the nation’s leading boutique wealth management firms and multi-family offices, is pleased to announce senior officer promotions: Dennis A. Montz, MBA, CFA, CAIA is promoted to Managing Director, Director of Private Investments. Helen Qu, MBA, CFA, CPA, CAIA is promoted to Senior Vice President,…