Catherine designs investment programs to protect and enhance multi-generational family wealth.
She creates asset allocations, oversees investment implementation, and delivers portfolio reviews to clients. Catherine specializes in families with complex investment holdings such as mineral rights and closely-held businesses. She works with relationship managers, accountants, and estate planners for a holistic approach to wealth management.
Her career began at a $10 billion endowment and has included work as an investment analyst and manager of a long/short event-driven strategy. She developed wealth education materials and led workshops for young women on basic financial planning and investing, topics that continue to inspire her work with next-generation Sentinel Trust clients.
- Portfolio Manager, Bergamot Capital (2010–2012) and Vaksam (2012–2013) – Responsibilities included managing a long/short event-driven strategy for a private investment partnership and a multifamily office. Specialized in complex situations such as spinoffs, bankruptcies, litigation, and mergers.
- Research Analyst, MIT Investment Management Company (2009–2010) – Conducted research and due diligence for hedge fund, private equity, and real estate portfolios to aid manager selection and performance analysis for $10BN endowment.
- Houston Estate & Financial Forum, Member
- CFA Society of Houston, Member
- Personal Finance Educator – Developed curriculum for personal finance and investment education oriented toward women. Lead regular workshops and online forum of 3000+ active members.
- 100 Women in Hedge Funds, Philanthropy Board Member – Organized world’s first conference on alternative investments and philanthropy with all proceeds to charity. Raised $250,000 for beneficiary from sponsorships and sold-out ticket sales.
- “Mineral Rights: A Portfolio Perspective” – Institute for Private Investors 2017 Fall Forum
- “Wealth Planning, Asset Protection, and Structuring for After-Risk, After-Tax Returns” – Panelist, Private Wealth Houston Forum 2017
- “Building Your Family Legacy” – TIGER 21 Texas Conference
- “Maximizing Family Meetings: Teaching Our Children About Money” – TIGER 21
- “Cultivating the Next Generation of Women Leaders” – Panelist, Opal Women’s Investment Management Leadership Summit