At Sentinel Trust, Ryan serves as the primary point of contact for a select group of clients on all investment matters, including preparation, delivery, and monitoring integrated investment planning and asset allocations.
In addition, Ryan acts as portfolio manager for Sentinel Trust’s investment strategy including responsibilities managing, market research, recommendation, evaluation, ongoing monitoring, and portfolio construction.
Prior to joining Sentinel Trust, Ryan managed client portfolios with Edward Jones Trust Company in St. Louis, and worked in a large investment management and consulting firm analyzing portfolios, performing research on various investment topics, and serving as an internal wholesaler.
In his spare time, Ryan has volunteered with St. Louis Children’s Hospital and organizations supporting pediatric research.
- Portfolio Manager, Edward Jones Trust Company, St. Louis, MO (2014-2018)
Responsibilities included discretionary management of investment portfolios including revocable and irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, foundations and agency relationships utilizing individual stocks & bonds, mutual funds and ETFs. Communicated investment strategy and performance of portfolios to clients.
- Portfolio Strategy Analyst, Russell Investments, Milwaukee, WI, (2012-2014)
Analyzed endowments, foundations, and high net-worth individuals’ portfolios, identifying risks, and gave guidance on how those could be addressed. Gave guidance on Investment Policy Statement creation, performed competitor fund research, asset allocation analysis, and other research projects. Contributed to Russell’s Helping Advisors Blog writing on various investing topics.
- Internal Wholesaler, Russell Investments, Milwaukee, WI, (2011-2012)
Responsibilities included working with Financial Advisors to help them understand Russell’s investment philosophy, provide them with multi-asset portfolio solutions, and economic & capital market insights.
- Associate Wealth Management Advisor, Northwestern Mutual, Pittsfield, IL (2010-2011)
Assisted Wealth Management Advisor in constructing and rebalancing client portfolios, and analyzing mutual fund holdings for our clients.
- CFA Society of Houston, Member
- CFA Society of St. Louis, Member
- CFA Society of St. Louis Programs Committee, Former Member
- CFA Research Challenge: St. Louis Region, Former Co-Chair
- Young Friends of St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Member
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital Cocktails & Clowns Committee, Former Member